Wocommerce Online Store – Is it for you?
A Woocommerce Online Store
– Is it right for you?
Choosing the right platform for your business is a big step! Here at Hatched Designs we love Woocommerce!
What is Woocoomerce?
Woocommerce Transforms your WordPress website into a thoroughbred e-commerce store. Delivering enterprise-level quality and features while backed by a name you can trust.
Woocommerce is free to use. It is powered by wordpress.org which is also free. Woocommerce can be integrated with Any WordPress theme. From free themes to premium paid ones if you are wanting a bit more style.
Here is why a Wocommerce Store is right for you!
Woocommerce has a flexible store with options for drop down menus with sizing, colour, design and more. Woocommerce offers a cart and store categories. Search products and filter by price.
Wocommerce allows for stock management. You can choose to show customers items in stock or hide items in stock, you can also allow back orders.
Woocommerce offers flat rate postage, with shipping zones, have separate rates per country, state or postcode. Woocommerce also offers free local pickup. Need more options? Woocommerce offers paid shipping extensions. You can also offer free shipping per amount ordered eg “free shipping on orders over $100”
Woocommerce has multiple check out options such as: PayPal standard, PayPal express, BACs ( bank deposit ), Local Pickup, Cheque. Woocommerce is also compatible with Eway, Stripe, Securepay and Afterpay and Zip Pay.
Orders are created when a customer completes the checkout process and are visible by Admin and Shop Manager users.
An order also has a status. The order statuses let you know how far along the order is, starting from pending and ending with complete. The following order statuses are used:
- Pending payment – Order received (unpaid)
- Failed – Payment failed or was declined (unpaid). Note that this status may not show immediately and instead show as pending until verified (i.e., PayPal)
- Processing – Payment received and stock has been reduced the order is awaiting fulfillment.
- Completed – Order fulfilled and complete – requires no further action
- On-Hold – Awaiting payment – stock is reduced, but you need to confirm payment
- Cancelled – Cancelled by an admin or the customer – no further action required
- Refunded – Refunded by an admin – no further action required
You and your customers both receive notifications on the status of the order.
Reports in WooCommerce give you the ability to see your store’s performance from month to month using graphs and stats. It has three sections: Orders, Customers and Stock.
See more on reports here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/reports/
To sum up, Woocommerce has all you need to help your business thrive!
Convinced? Contact us today to find out how to add woocommerce to your WordPress site today!